Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering (B.S.)
2020欧洲杯最新战况The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a four-year program leading to the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering degree.
Student Learning Outcomes
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to apply advanced mathematics, including multi-variate calculus and differential equations.
- An ability to apply thermal/fluids concepts to mechanical engineering practice.
- An ability to apply solid mechanics concepts to mechanical engineering practice.
The degree requirements for mechanical engineering gives an overall view of courses required to complete the degree program.
New or potential mechanical engineering undergraduate students should review the College of Engineering's information for engineering freshmen, which includes an important link to the University catalog. The admission process to our bachelor's program is managed by the UNO Office of Admissions.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
The following table summarizes enrollment and graduation data for the BSc Mechanical Engineering program for the past 4 years. More detailed numbers can be obtained from UNO's Institutional Research and Data Management (IRDM) website.
|Academic Year||Fall Enrollment||# of B.Sc. Degrees Awarded|